Saylor Academy, a pioneer in open online education, is looking for subject-matter experts (SMEs) with postsecondary teaching experience and academic expertise to help us build courses to benefit students around the world.
Saylor Academy is committed to helping learners overcome barriers to attaining higher education and career skills by removing the obstacles of cost, distance, and time to study. We do so by providing free, self-paced, online courses that can earn free certificates of accomplishment or even college credit at leading colleges and universities.
As a SME, you will learn how we leverage open educational resources (OER) to create college-level learning experiences. We will provide training in curating OER, vetting resources, and writing assessments for asynchronous learning. You will provide the academic expertise, teaching experience, and passion for giving students the resources and freedom to achieve their dreams.
Consulting professors perform targeted updates to Saylor Academy’s existing catalog of courses and develop new learning modules and assessments. Individual projects include creating study guides, refining course learning outcomes, identifying and vetting open educational resources (OER), pairing resources to course blueprints, developing assignments, and creating or revising assessment materials. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with Saylor Academy staff to ensure course development activities reflect a high standard of quality and effectiveness.
Subject-Matter Experts Needed
We are looking for SMEs to make targeted updates to these courses:
- BUS105: Managerial Accounting
- BUS305: Small Business Management
- BUS401: Management Leadership
- BUS403: Negotiations and Conflict Management
- BUS501: Strategic Management
- College Success
- CS102: Introduction to Computer Science II
- CS202: Discrete Structures
- CS301: Computer Architecture
- CS302: Software Engineering
- CS402: Computer Communications and Networks
- CS406: Information Security
- ECON101: Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON102: Principles of Macroeconomics
- GEOG101: World Regional Geography
- PHIL103: Moral and Political Philosophy
- PHYS101: Introduction to Mechanics
- PHYS102: Introduction to Electromagnetism
- POLSC401: Ethics and Public Policy
- POLSC402: Global Justice
- POLSC101: Introduction to Political Science
- PRDV104: Professional Etiquette
- Advanced Statistics
- Business Ethics
- SQL Language
- Artificial Intelligence
- R Programming
- Machine Learning
- Data Analytics
- Data Visualization
- Python for Data Analytics
- MBA Business Intelligence & Analytics
- MBA Capstone
- MBA Data Driven Decision-Making
- MBA Data Visualization
- MBA Data Management
- MBA Ethical Leadership
- MBA Finance
- MBA Innovation & Sustainability
- MBA International Business
- MBA International Finance
- MBA International Marketing
- MBA Marketing
- MBA Operations Management
- MBA Project Management
- MBA Strategic Management
- MBA Supply Chain Management
In order to be eligible for this position course developers must have experience teaching at the college level. Specific qualifications include:
- A Ph.D. in a related academic discipline or an MS, MA, or MBA and experience for business faculty;
- Teaching experience at the college level;
- Demonstrated experience in instructional design or curriculum development;
- Demonstrated experience with open educational resources (OER);
- Commitment to alternative education models;
- Ability to work independently without daily supervision; and
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Prior experience with remote, contract-based work a plus
This is a part-time, temporary, contract position.
The successful candidate will work remotely.
Compensation varies with the scope of the assigned project. Payments are made on a per project basis.
How To Apply
Please send your CV and a list of the courses you have taught, including the number of times you have taught each course, to [email protected] with “Consulting Professor” in the subject line. Please include which courses you are applying to work on in the text of your email.